Since I decided in the beginning of this week to actively start looking for jobs, I have been talking to a lot of people about it. Really. A. Lot! It is amazing how much you can learn by just asking someone if they have a suggestion.
HR managers for example are a treasure trove for finding out about small businesses and the lesser known methods to search for jobs. I've spoken to a few other people with huge networks in the region, and they volunteered their help at any stage, should I need it. Announcing my intent on Facebook and starting this blog has triggered very useful discussions, good advice and tons of heartwarming support.
Sometimes it's not even that difficult, and people will throw opportunity in your lap as soon as you mention you are looking for another job. To quote yesterday's interaction: "You use <insert programming language name here>? Please send me your CV!"
Right. One CV coming up.
No comments:
Post a Comment