Ivory Tower

Ivory Tower

Thursday, 10 April 2014

Just another week in the life of a job-seeker

This week I had what sounded like a first interview, but was actually a first getting-to-know a company that sounded very interesting to me. I visited them in their location in the south of the country and got a tour of the lab facilities there. Very impressive! Then I chatted with two of the people about the next move the company wants to make. They asked me to look into this option and we will meet again in another location of theirs to discuss my ideas. Basically they gave me 'carte blanche' to write a business plan for a new branch. That is just SO AWESOME!

As for the late submission due the my e-mail failure: I am still in the loop. The organization is trying to advertise the job broader, and the deadline has been moved to May 15th. Would have been so nice if they had updated their information on time, and not after I resent my application while crawling through the dust, but who am I to blame them for being late...

In the mean time I'm trying to get in touch with more small businesses and talking to people in my network. All sorts of ideas have popped up. One which I will pursue in more detail is teaching Python. It won't be a full-time job, but I love to teach and I know Python quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment